In this way, the technological process can be performed in a rational way and it conforms itself to the philosophy of a low impact and non-invasive enology, where the physical action of time and temperature is privileged respect to that of chemical products.
At Villa Crespia we work by gravity, without the intervention of mechanical organs in full respect of the raw material.
Villa Crespia is a winery that uses all the latest technology and goes down till 12 meters deep to find the ideal setting where to produce Franciacorta of high quality and rigor.
Vertically, at the 0 level, the reception of grapes, at 3 meters of depth the pressing area, at 6 meters the one of skin maceration and at 12 meters the vinification and fining one.
Horizontally 2 meters deep, the cellar is divided into different areas:
- decanting with tanks from 500 to 5000 liters
- vinification and fining with tanks from 5000 to 20,000 liters
- tartaric stabilization with tanks of 40,000 liters
- assembly with a 100,000 liter thank that allows the assembly of the wines in a single phase
- bottling, disgorgement and packaging
- fermentation and refining in the bottle